Speaking Forth the New Nigeria – A Proclamation
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21
By a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, And by a prophet he was preserved. Hosea 12:13
By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Hebrews 11:3
So Jesus answered and said to them, “ Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Mark 11: 22-23.
Fellow Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria Worldwide,
I am convinced that the best days of Nigeria are not behind Her but ahead of Her. These elections are only part of a larger plan God has been working out concerning this nation and we can all be assured of one thing, God always accomplishes His vision. He is both the Author and Finisher. Nigeria is not a conception of any man, though God used men to create the nation, God clearly rules and reigns in the affairs of men and nations. So as we go to the polls this weekend, please do not despair. This country will not fall or fail. This country will move on and become greater still. Can I ask you to join me in proclaiming good over this nation? I know it may appear simplistic, but the word of God clearly says that life and death are in the power of the tongue. This tells me that what we say is important and can be for good or bad.
I believe that if we all speak good to Nigeria, by the power vested by God in our words, Nigeria will turn and become a greater nation.
God gave me a perspective that completely blew my mind about Nigeria. I saw the nations from the heavens and a lot of so-called first world an advanced nations were in serious darkness. There were only small specks of light in these nations, but Nigeria from heaven’s perspective is a well-lit nation with large swathes of the country flooded with light! This is not natural light, but the True Light. The Light of God. So I am greatly encouraged by this and believe that Nigeria is somehow moving towards greatness and the issues confronting us today are just part of our growth pains and part of the process of us developing as a nation. Nigeria is destined by God for greatness. Our best days are ahead of us, not behind us.
Please join me in proclaiming these statements daily for as long as God gives you the grace and let’s see what God will do with our words.
- God has a plan for Nigeria, it is a plan of good and not evil, to give us a hope and a future. Nigeria has a great and prosperous future!
- I thank God that I am a Nigerian. God did not make a mistake making one. I know and trust His judgement.
- God will extend peace to Nigeria during these elections like a river. There will be no violence in our land. We speak peace to Nigeria. We declare peaceful elections and we declare fair elections.
- Nigeria will arise and shine and the glory of God will be seen upon us!
- Let God arise over Nigeria and let His enemies and our enemies be scattered.
- Nigerians will eat the fruit of Nigeria and foreigners will not cart away our fruit.
- All Nigerians will know the peace and prosperity of God. All Nigerians will experience a lifting up.
- Nigeria will be led by the righteous and just and equitable leaders.
- Nigerians will dwell together in unity and God will command His blessings upon us!
- Affliction shall not arise a second time. We will not go to war and we will not disintegrate.
- There will be great rejoicing in our land and in our tents and in our homes.
- We will be a celebrated nation. No longer shall we be scorned and despised, but we will be respected and celebrated. Nigeria will take Her place in the world and among the nations.
- Nigeria will not fail!
- Nigeria will boom! Our economy will boom. Our industries will boom. Our education system will boom. Our healthcare system will boom. Nigeria will boom!!!
- The youth of Nigeria will find new expressions for their energy in creativity, technology and entrepreneurship.
- Our youths will love righteousness.
- They will be full of hope and their hope will not be dashed.
- Our brightest minds will return and be part of the new Nigeria.
- Nigeria will be free of corruption. We will have accountable leaders.
- It is well with Nigeria. It is well with me.
For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But My kindness shall not depart from you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”
Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
“O you afflicted one,
Tossed with tempest, and not comforted,
Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems,
And lay your foundations with sapphires.
I will make your pinnacles of rubies,
Your gates of crystal,
And all your walls of precious stones.
All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children.
In righteousness you shall be established;
You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear;
And from terror, for it shall not come near you.
Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of Me.
Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake.
“Behold, I have created the blacksmith
Who blows the coals in the fire,
Who brings forth an instrument for his work;
And I have created the spoiler to destroy.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord
Isaiah 54:10 – end
“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace. Amen and Amen.
Pastor Charles and Abiodun Abraham
24th March 2015